Sunday, August 2, 2009

Do you know YAWNING is cOoL?

One interesting finding from University of Albany found that simple act of yawning helps our brains. Researchers say our brains burn up to 33% of the calories and generate heat. Yawning helps to cool down the brain cells and making them more efficient. The researchers also found that yawning increases blood flow and help maintain optimum levels of functioning. Thus, we are biologically hard-wired to yawn to stay alert and protect ourselves from danger.

So, the cool side is that we have excuse to yawn during meeting as to increase our efficiency gain which aligns to company goal!

3 comments:

  1. I think I want to print this out and paste it at my cube ...:p

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1 copy for me, thx ^_^
    pls include these lines:
    POSTED BY LIANNEE ...
    HEALTH

    ReplyDelete
  3. I guess you would need another print-out of How we can boost up performance by going to "Bank" frequently.. :)

    ReplyDelete